New Delhi: Delhi University is inviting applications for admission to its UG Courses through the Common Seat Allocation System (CSAS) portal for the academic session 2022-23. The University has previously declared that it will be conducting UG Admissions through CUET UG 2022. There will be no merit based admission this year, hence no DU cut off will not be based on Class 12 results. Only CUET UG 2022 Scores will be accepted and the university shall admit students on the basis of that.
As declared by NTA, CUET 2022 Result is supposed to be released on September 15, 2022. The university has declared that it will begin the second phase of admissions after the
declaration of CUET 2022 Result.
Delhi University will conduct admission through CSAS in three phases-
1. Submission of the CSAS 2022 application form,
2. Selection of programmes and filling of preferences,
3. Seat allocation and admission
Here are some important points that students should take note of before applying for DU
UG Admission 2022:
● Candidates will require their CUET 2022 scores in the second phase of the admission
process and so it shall be conducted only after the CUET 2022 Results are declared.
CUET Result 2022 will be released for more than 8 lakh candidates in online mode only
at cuet.samarth.ac.in. To check CUET result 2022, you need to enter your login details-
roll number/ application number and date of birth.
● Candidates will have to select their programme, college combination and fill their
preferences after they have obtained their CUET 2022 Results. The order of selection of
programme and college combination will also determine the order of preference for
allotment of seats.
● In the last step, candidates have to confirm the order of preference for the programme
and college combinations by clicking ‘submit’.
● It should be noted that students won’t be allowed to change their programme and college combination merit list after the deadline.● Once a seat is allotted in a particular round, the candidate has to ‘accept’ the seat
allotted to him/her before the specified last date for the given allotment round.
● The provision for acceptance of a particular allotted seat will be valid only for the round
in which the seat was allotted to the candidate.
● “There shall be no action taken in case the allotted seat is non-accepted by the
candidate. This will be treated as a decline in the provisionally allotted seat and the
candidate will no longer be able to participate in the subsequent rounds of CSAS-2022, reads the official notice.
● Candidates must choose any one seat if allotted multiple seats for admission.
Once the candidate “accepts" the provisionally allotted seat, the concerned college will check the eligibility and documents uploaded by the candidate.
● After verification, the college will either ‘accept’ or ‘reject’ the provisionally allotted seat of the candidate.
● Now that the college has approved the seat, the candidate has to pay the ‘admission
fee’. After the admission fee for the particular seat has been successfully paid, the
provisional admission of the candidate to the allotted college and programme will be
● The notice also said that the university may declare multiple allotment rounds in future
depending on the availability of seats vacant due to rejection, cancellation and
● Further, DU may also announce a spot round of admission if seats remain vacant after
the completion of the regular CSAS-2022 round.
● All the candidates who have applied for CSAS-2022 will be eligible for all the allotment
rounds except those applicants whose allotted seat/admission has been cancelled due
to any reason.
● Candidates who opt for upgrade will be considered in subsequent CSAS-2022
allotment rounds as per the availability of seats.
● The University has also made such provision through which applicants can answer any
query raised by the college during approval.
● Candidates who will be successfully upgraded, will have to ‘accept’ the upgraded seat
and complete the admission process at the upgraded allotted seat.
● If a candidate does not take admission according to the upgraded seat, it will be treated
as cancelled by default and the candidate will be out of CSAS-2022.
● If a candidate does not upgrade, his/her previous seat admission will be retained. The
candidate who has enrolled in the allotted seat and wants to continue should switch the
‘freeze’ on through his/her dashboard.
● After selecting ‘freeze’ the candidate will not be allowed to opt for “upgradation.”
Informing about the admission process, DU officials said, “We will keep the admission portal open for 21 days. The portal will close by October 3 evening. We will start our counselling after that.” For more details and updates about the university’s admission process students should follow the university website.
(ThePrint ValueAd Initiative content is a paid-for, sponsored article. Journalists of ThePrint are not involved in reporting or writing it.)