Sunday, 16 May, 2021
Home Tags Air India

Tag: Air India

Representational image of an Air India plane | Photo: Commons

6 passengers aboard Air India’s London-Delhi flight test positive for Covid

The government Monday said all UK-India flights will be suspended from 23-31 December in view of the emergence of new strain of coronavirus in that country.
Sandeep Adhwaryu | Times of India

Why farmers pose a problem for police & seeking relief from ‘too many Fundamental Rights’

The best cartoons of the day, chosen by the editors at ThePrint.
USE this one when in doubt. Also use this one when not in doubt. Just use this.

Bids for Air India a relief. Govt must now ensure politics or bureaucracy don’t get in the way

ThePrint view on the most important issues, instantly.
Representational image of an Air India plane | Photo: Commons

Air India employees bid to purchase 51% stake in struggling national carrier

Each employee will have to contribute at least Rs 100,000 to the bid. Air India has been on sale since 2017 when PM Modi’s cabinet allowed to sell all or part of the airline.

How Tata Group is ‘caught between a rock and a hard place’ on Vistara and AirAsia

Vistara and AirAsia India were struggling before the pandemic. Covid has put Tata Group at a crossroads - go big and buy Air India or bow out.
Representational image of an Air India plane | Photo: Commons

Covid protection, the Air India way — enjoy refreshments, but keep masks & face shields on

Pre-Truth — snappy, witty and significant snippets from the world of politics and government.
File photo of a special Air India flight under Vande Bharat Mission arrives at Ahmedabad airport | ANI

Over 2 million Indians returned from abroad through Vande Bharat Mission, says MEA

Under phase seven of the mission, operational since 1 October, as many as 1,057 international flights from 24 nations have repatriated close to 1,95,000 people, the MEA said.
An Air India aircraft | Bloomberg

Air India sale rules relaxed further, bidding to be on enterprise value

Aviation Minister Puri and Secretary Kharola said that 15% of Air India's value has to be paid in cash, while the remaining 85% will be taken as debt by the bidder
Air India flight returning with repatriated Indians from abroad | (Representational image) | ANI

Hong Kong bans Air India flights for the 4th time as passengers test positive for Covid-19

According to Hong Kong govt rules issued in July, passengers from India can arrive only if they have a Covid-19 negative certificate from 72 hours prior to the journey.
Hardeep Singh Puri

Foreign flights will not be allowed at expense of Indian airlines — Civil Aviation Minister

At a press conference, Civil Aviation Minister Hardeep Puri said while he was all for foreign carriers there should be some parity under the regulated air bubble arrangements.

On Camera