The news that Prime Minister Narendra Modi would appear on a special episode of Bear Grylls’ show, Man vs Wild, on Discovery Channel took the internet by storm Monday.
The trailer, featuring Modi and British adventurer Grylls taking on the elements at Jim Corbett National Park in Uttarakhand, has led, predictably, to many jokes and memes, not the least of which has to do with how Modi may have continued to shoot for this episode even after the Pulwama attack in February.
The Prime Minister is now at the receiving end of his supporters’ favourite question: Where were you when soldiers were sacrificing their lives? One almost wants to be that journalist who asks: Aapko is waqt kaisa mehsoos ho raha hai?
Also read: Modi’s fear of narrative is our insurance against his excesses
But if you think about it, Narendra Modi is actually the perfect choice for the popular survival show. Here’s why.
1. In his tweet sharing the trailer, Grylls pointed out that people would see “the unknown side of PM Modi as he ventures into Indian wilderness to create awareness about animal conservation & environmental change.” And he’s not wrong. Remember when he told a student that “climate has not changed. We have changed”? And let’s give credit where it’s due: his government’s environment-related decisions are the very definition of Man vs Wild. So, if he’s going to create awareness about conservation and environment, it’s definitely an unknown side of him and I, for one, would applaud him for embracing it. Everyone should experiment with the truth at least once in their lives.
People across 180 countries will get to see the unknown side of PM @narendramodi as he ventures into Indian wilderness to create awareness about animal conservation & environmental change. Catch Man Vs Wild with PM Modi @DiscoveryIN on August 12 @ 9 pm. #PMModionDiscovery pic.twitter.com/MW2E6aMleE
— Bear Grylls (@BearGrylls) July 29, 2019
2. Modi is also the most qualified person in the country to be on the show. From puppies to crocodiles to cows, it’s no secret that our Prime Minister is a true animal lover, who really feels their pain. A crucial point in his favour.
3. Other leaders might be afraid of the dangers that lurk in the jungle, but not Modi. Even the venomous insects of the forest are nothing for our fearless leader. His party is known to equate illegal immigrants from Bangladesh with termites, threatening to throw them out.
4. Given that the show is all about being placed in a dangerous situation and using survival skills to emerge victorious, Modi is by far the best candidate for the job. Just look at how he navigated the tricky and questioning media for five years, only to return with an even bigger mandate. Darwin himself could not have scripted a better example for his theory.
5. Many critics point out that Modi, being a vegetarian, won’t be able to hack the jungle life. Grylls, for his part, is known to eat insects when he needs his protein fix. But here, too, Modi has the edge. Na khaunga na khaane doonga, he had said. This, to me, displays a high level of commitment to the welfare of insects.
6. Finally, let’s look at how the show itself has been received by critics. Multiple reports in the past claimed that the events and situations portrayed on the show were not quite as dangerous or even rustic as they were made to appear, but were artfully staged. And who, I ask, is better at the art of image management than our Prime Minister? Be it GDP numbers or his stay in a cave, this is a man who knows exactly how to show what he wants people to see. So, if he wants India to think he defeated a Bengal tiger (and we’re not just talking about Mamata Banerjee here), the camera and the tiger will just have to oblige.
So, really, Prime Minister, I’m on your side on this. You deserve this.
Also read: Shah Rukh, Aamir and Salman now starring in ‘Silence of the Khans’ under Modi rule
No surprise some defeated people and their sunken heart are coming up with shabby articles like this and of course at this place print thing, their hate for PM Modi is unprecedented and absolutely not new, but what is new is that now these hypocrites are completely exposed and now people read their articles just to have fun in their bias and masochism… Just replace Raul gandi with PM Modi and then one can see all words of praise right from the dictionary and shower of hymns by these defeated devotees for their royal highness… But for a common man like Modi who has risen to power by sheer hard work who is not letting these devotees any part of pie of power is not so much praise worthy
‘Cause the players gonna play, play, play, play, play (< —- Thats Modi)
And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate (<—- thats you Mrs Sood)
Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake
I shake it off, I shake it off
Heartbreakers gonna break, break, break, break, break
And the fakers gonna fake, fake, fake, fake, fake
Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake
I shake it off, I shake it off
I'll never miss a beat, I'm lightning on my feet
And that's what they don't see mmm mmm, that's what they don't see mmm mmm
I'm dancing on my own (dancing on my own), I'll make the moves up as I go (moves up as I go)
And that's what they don't know mmm mmm, that's what they don't know mmm mmm
But I keep cruising, can't stop, won't stop grooving
It's like I got this music in my mind saying it's gonna be alright
'Cause the players gonna play, play, play, play, play
And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hatehate
This article is a pathetic excuse for journalism. The author has the tenacity of a 9 year old child who is filled with angst because she didn’t get what she wanted. If you wanted to shitpost so bad you could’ve posted this garbage on Reddit.
ThePrint is digging itself deeper by publishing asinine articles like this.
Mosi Ji is trying to enact the Adventures of “Bal Narendra” cartoon series… Next time he will shoot with Setve Irvine’s son. BY THE WAY THIS ARTICLE HAS MADE BURNAL MOMENT BLIND BHAKTS…. TO THE EXTENT ONE OF THE BHAKT HAD EVEN REFRAINED HIS FAMILY FROM TAKING JOURNALISM AS CAREER
Those teary-eyed innocent crocodiles must be most favorite animal for our Modi Ji
Baba JI…article mein kuch dum bhi to hona chahiye? Agar mike utha kar bhashan baazi karne se koi neta nahin banta, to kalam utha kar likhne se koi achcha journalist bhi nahin banta. If credit should be given where it is due, then even criticism should also be reserved for real mid-steps. Citizens of this great democracy are not fools that they opted for Modi instead of Sonia.
Keep barking .
It seems that certain people and media houses have still not gotten over the 2019 election results. They have taken the drubbing to heart more seriously than RaGa. So much angst!
What is the point in writing this piece?? Could have wrote something useful instead for the massess..Total waste of print space!!
Bhai, kabhi to kuch acha likhna sikh jao.
Kaha se late ho ye sab writer? Whatsap university??
Ah these lovely, stupid, frustrated and hate filled writers! ThePrint you have won once again. ?
Useless article with full of scariesism & hatered for one man…. The Print should not only find better topics and but also better writers too, to have a meaningful existence…. Otherwise movies were made by Dada Kondke also…
Writer cant get beyond her. In very poor taste. Some people will never change.
Sarcasm is fun. But one should try to get timing and context right. This article will stand as a shining example bad choice. Peace
Modi is the only one person who travel the entire world Modi on Man Vs Wild
This is a junk article, a typical from a cynic that journalistic fraternity is. This is why I discouraged my niece on taking up journalism. It is a field full of people who know how to jeer than to cheer while chasing VVIPs and celebrities with no original achievement of their own. Shame, that when most leaders of the developed nations are refusing to acknowledge climate change and the benefits of environmental practices, when India’s head of state does it, he becomes a butt of joke.
The leaders of the developed – and most of the developing – world are worried about climate change, have worked hard to create the Paris Accord. The only exception is President Trump.
I feel the author of the article wanted to be sarcastic by pointing out various aspects of the PM’s earlier life, but it has come out in a bad taste.
This one episode will do much more to Wildlife Conservation awareness than what most NGOs and Government Organisations have failed to achieve.
Miss Samira Sood, is this all wild writing you can write?
Modi with Gyrll is 70./. Graphics 30./. Cut scene. Hologram specialist Modi can do more stunt in animation
Comments are closed.